How the Mortgage Interest Rate Calculator works
Our mortgage interest rate calculator helps you calculate how ECB interest rate changes will change your monthly mortgage repayments. If you are on a tracker mortgage the ECB interest rate will directly alter your monthly repayments, if you are on a variable rate you can still use the calculator to calculate variable rate changes, but rates won’t translate directly.
We use three scenarios for mortgage interest rate rises based on industry predictions of the likely direction of the ECB refinance rate which is what drives mortgage interest rates.
ECB interest rate increases are implemented over time, most forecasts anticipate a period of 12-18 months of increases ahead.
Our calculations take the end point of these predicted interest rate increases, to help households plan ahead.
Actual increases will vary slightly depending on your current mortgage interest rate.
You can also use our other mortgage tools to help you manage your mortgage.
- Want to compare mortgage repayments by lender? Use the Mortgage Comparison Calculator Ireland
- Thinking of switching mortgage? Use our Mortgage Switcher Calculator Ireland.
- Want to know how much mortgage you can get? Use the Mortgage Borrowing Calculator Ireland to see how much you can borrow
- Need to calculate how interest rate changes will alter your repayments? Check out our Mortgage Interest Rate Calculator Ireland 
- Need a mortgage amortisation calculator to work out your monthly mortgage repayments? Check our our Mortgage Repayment Calculator Ireland
- Use our Online Mortgage Application for pre approval in 5 minutes