Who are moneysherpa?
moneysherpa was created by Irish financial and media professionals frustrated at the lack of good quality personal finance guidance available for the Irish consumer.
Introducing our founder
My own search for personal finance advice
When it came to planning my own finances however, I was surprised at how hard it was to get good quality information about the personal finance products available in the Irish market.
This prompted me to delve a little deeper into the world of personal finance.
That’s when I realised the significant impact the differences in charges, fees and features have on your financial outcomes.
In Ireland almost all the information available about these products is from the providers themselves, advisors incentivised to push particular services or has to be paid for.
During my research it became crystal clear I was not alone in needing free, straightforward, unbiased and comprehensive personal finance information.
In fact according to a Central Bank of Ireland report 61% of Irish consumers believe that the personal finance advice they receive is based on the incentives the advisor receives, not their best interests. As a qualified finance professional and business veteran who recently led one of Ireland’s largest consumer banking operations, we’ve created a team to provide the straightforward, independent and comprehensive personal finance guidance Ireland needs.
We believe in information transparency for smarter money decisions.
- All the content we will publish on this site has been written or overseen by a qualified financial advisor in the relevant field.
- Our independent product reviews, guides and tools cover all the main providers in the Irish market.
- We do not carry advertising, companies can’t pay to feature on our service or rank higher in our comparison tables.
- We may receive a commission from a provider when you select one of our recommendations, but this simply allows us to provide the service for free and doesn’t change our content in any way.
In founding moneysherpa, I’ve put together all the guidance I couldn’t find when I was planning my own finances. I hope this service will help Irish consumers make smarter money choices and get on the right path to reaching the summit of their own financial Everest.
Mark Coan (CBD, LIB) Founder.
Certified Bank Director (CBD)
Licentiate of The Institute of Banking (LIB)
How we can help
If you’re here it means you are looking for the information or support in your personal finance journey. No worries, we have you covered:
- Use our financial planning tools and calculators to home in on the right direction for you.
- Read our personal finance guides for the lowdown on savings, pension and investment.
- Read our personal finance top picks, to go straight to the the best products without passing go.
- Set up a free, no obligation video chat with one of our mortgage sherpas, who can point you in the right direction to save on your mortgage.
Take the next step
Meet the team
At moneysherpa we’ve created a crack team of financial experts to help you climb to your financial goals. Whether that’s retiring to a yacht in the Bahamas or saving for a weekend away in Bundoran we’re who you should turn to first.